34 ¾ ”x 31 5/8 ” mixed media on canvas
33 7/8 ” x 31 ½ ” mixed media on canvas
80 ¼ ” x 81 3/8 ” oil on canvas
34 ” x 32 ” mixed media on canvas
75 ”x 69 ” oil on canvas
Grisha Grigoryan grauduated from the Academy of Arts (Repin Institute) in St. Petersburg in 1989. His graduation piece, “Peace on the Planet”, was a monumental ceramic mosaic work that recieved high marks.
He participated in the project “East and West” in 1990 as well as in the exhibition “New St. Petersburg” in Bonn, Germany in which five of his large paintings were showcased. They were abstract expressionism, which was both mediative and spontaneous.
In 1993, he studied monochrome art in Aachen, Germany. This movement lead Grigoryan into elements of visual poetry. His works reflected mathematical character, while poetically displaying strong, burning color. His expressive language is modern and universal. His works are recognizable, touched with one theme and embodied in an elegant, refined, individual manner. They showcase the past, present, and future.
In the last few years, Grigoryan has been painting the series “Light, Space,” working in many mediums including drawing, painting, collage, photography, and sculpture.
The following is a partial list of exhibitons:
- 1997 Project, “Wardrobe” installation, Sweden
- 1998 Project, “Monochrome Painting, Black & White Photography,” Barcelona, Spain
- 2000 Exhibtion of Paintings, St. Petersburg
- 2001 Exhibition, The Russian Museum of Abstract Art
- 2002 Exhibition, Manej Exhibition Hall, Russia
- 2004 Exhibtion, Art International, Zurich, Switzerland
- 2005 Exhibition, Russian Museum, COLAJ
- 2006 Exhibition, “Tree of Tradition,” Manej
- 2007 Exhibition, Manej Exhibition Hall, Russia
Grigoryan is represented in the permanent collection of the Manej, a museum/exhibition hall of modern art in St. Petersburg- the most prestigious collection of modern/contemporary art in Russia today.